Octet of Spatial Mutation – Chapter 1

This is the manga adaptation of the Steins;Gate 8-bit “sequel”, Octet of Spatial Mutation.
You shouldn’t read this unless you’ve finished Steins;Gate as, while it’s non-canon, it is set post-True End.
Also it would be ideal for you to have read Chaos;Head as well, as this is a crossover of sorts.

Chapter 1 here.

The next release will be Epigraph Chapter 4, and then Braun Volume 2.

On an unrelated note, I think my youtube account is going to be taken down soon, I just lost 4 videos in a copyright claim and they’ll probably come back for more, so that’s quite unfortunate.
Thanks for reading.

-Steiner.

1. Shugo

Thanks for this! Could’ve sworn I’ve seen the title translated as “Variant Space Octet” somewhere before. Guess I’ll go with this from now on. I’ve already played the game, but I’ll give this a read. I wonder how they’ll handle some of the cheesier jokes from the game.

Also, that’s very unfortunate about your YouTube account and kind of pisses me off, because there are ages-old videos with the same songs elsewhere on YouTube. Do you plan on upping your stuff elsewhere still? I know you’re with WhyNot for the drama CDs now, but it would be nice to have the subbed songs still available. Maybe pack them up in a big torrent and toss it on nyaa?

May 31, 2013 at 2:37 pm

• Variant Space Octet is one of many ways to go about it, in fact I’m pretty sure I gave it that name in the first place.
      Since the title refers to rapid change, variation, deviation or mutation could easily work just as well.

In regards to my channel, I’m not fully sure on what I’m gonna do with it yet, but I’ll think of something, don’t worry about it too much.

May 31, 2013 at 3:37 pm

• Shugo

Gotcha.

While I have you here, I was wondering if you could answer this since Blick didn’t get back to me on his blog (probably because his blog is filled with spambots now):

When Okabe calls Daru a hacker, what is actually being said in Japanese? From what I hear in the dialog, it just sounds like “hacker” and then Daru says it the same way. I see it localized all kinds of different ways, though (hacka, haker, hack, hax0r). What is it really?

May 31, 2013 at 3:43 pm

• The Hacker thing is a pronunciation thing, Okabe uses スーパーハカー which is Supahaka (Supah Hakah), a deliberate mispronunciation to sound cooler/entertaining, Daru prefers Okabe to use ハッカー which is the right way to say Hacker.

May 31, 2013 at 4:13 pm

2. Attorney

I started playing Chaos;Head about a month ago, but stopped playing for a while. I was so frustrated by Taku’s inability to speak coherently. It didn’t help that his inner monologues were so dragged out. I decided to continue a few days ago though, and things are finally starting to pick up. I’ll finish C;H first, then SG8-bit, and finally this chapter.

It truly is terrible that you are being targeted on youtube. You’re spreading awareness of Nitroplus/5pb’s content. What do they have to loose from this? The non-japanese speaking audience would likely not be able to buy what you’re sharing with us anyways.

Attorneys don’t care about that, though…

May 31, 2013 at 3:38 pm

3. Sylvatic

Great work as always!

Have you considered talk about the movie at all in one of these posts? I’d love to see maybe a short spoiler-free review or something from a dedicated fan such as yourself! Just something to think about. Keep up the amazing work, can’t wait for the next volume of Babel of the Grieved Maze!

May 31, 2013 at 8:44 pm

4. unknownaxl

if your youtube account gets taken down, will you start posting download link to your videos here?

June 2, 2013 at 10:15 am

• unknownaxl

And what were the four videos that got taken down?

June 2, 2013 at 10:31 am

• Chaos Logic, Fetishism Ark, Fake Me and Find the Blue were taken down.

June 2, 2013 at 3:32 pm

5. PaperMonster

I love your subbed songs and all translations related to this series. Sorry to hear they’re taken down again. Could you post the lyrics and others in text-form on this site as a backup sometime? At least I can add your lyrics to my MP3 player and sing along. : )

June 2, 2013 at 5:34 pm

6. PaperMonster

Almost forgot. Thanks for the first chapter of Octet of Spatial Mutation. I didn’t know there’s a manga for the 8-bit game already. Now I’m certain they’re making manga of every single spin-off including the movie. It must be tough to translate them all. Ganbatte!

June 2, 2013 at 6:15 pm

7. So, I tried to contact you on your twitter, but noticed it was in a state of devastating inactivity… So check it, son 8)

June 15, 2013 at 8:37 am

8. ab

Thanks a LOT for continuing with the translations of the other mangas and bringing us new ones.

June 16, 2013 at 11:04 am