Current Plans

Alright, I’m back!
I’ve been super busy lately so I sort of neglected this stuff, so I figured since I’m now subbing Robotics;Notes with WhyNot, I’d resume work on Steins;Gate stuff too.

The current list of projects I will be working on is as follows:

Steins;Gate – Braunian Motion of Love and Hate Volume 2 (Manga)
Steins;Gate – Theory-filled Heart of the Sweet Honey ♥ (Manga- Kurisu Romance)
Steins;Gate – Temporal Romance of the Future Honey (Manga- Suzuha Romance)
Steins;Gate – Stardust Duplet (Manga- Mayuri Romance)
Steins;Gate – Epigraph of the Closed Curve (Novel/Drama CD)
Steins;Gate – Pandora of Eternal Return (Novel?/Drama CD)

When I’ll be releasing these, and in what order, I can’t say. But I’ll be prioritizing Epigraph of the Closed Curve and Perpetual Recurrence of Pandora, have a preview translation of an extract from the former:

Beta Attractor Field
World Line Divergence: 1.129848%
August 13th, 2036. 19:46pm

The man standing with a face full of regret is Barrel Titor, no it’s Daru-the-Super-Hacker, Hashida Itaru

(If I could redo my life, I would want to do it)

No, just building a Time machine, going back and shouting his old self into rehabilitation would be enough for him.
(At least, I’d stop myself from doing stupid things. Hasty things. I’d pay more attention.)
(Childhood me, don’t eat that  chocolate, don’t touch those Potato Chips and other stuff.)
(Juvenile me, don’t eat 2 or 3 lots Cup-Ramen for each meal, however tasty they are.)
(Adolescent me, Eating is limited to thrice a day! Not Beef Bowls or Pizza or Hamburgers five, six or seven times a day!)

“Shit! Hold out, my weakened heart. Just a bit more, just a bit… Please…”

He’s a lot slimmer than he was 20 years before, but due to the folly of his youth, a great toll was taken on his ageing body.
Just going up the stairs like this makes his heart nearly burst, and his throat goes “hyu-hyu-” as it demands fresh oxygen.
Regardless, he had to run to the top of this ruined building. The elevator is broken.
“Ugh, this pathetic body of mine…!”

Daru finally arrives at a platform and stops to catch his breath before striking a cool line.
From the pitch-black darkness before him his beloved daughter arrives. He flails his hands wildly in the air.
“Dad, stop trying to show off, get going already.”
“Oh, yeah.”
“Stop being such a manchild already, you’re at a respectable age.”
“…I’m sorry.”

What a Daughter she is!
Even though this is likely their last farewell, she still lectures him.

He stops tightly holding the hands of his beloved girl, Suzuha.
Going ahead and clasping his hands behind his back, Daru starts cursing those words.

Come to think of it, when did he start acting this way?
It was probably the influence of his old friend, the one that spouted the childish phrases all the time.
Even though he always said things like “Damn it Okarin, that’s embarrassing”, he was awestruck when he realized that the words suited him too.
“I’ll be 50 years old soon, yet I’m now a manchild like him?”

While laughing at himself for this, he remembered that’s why he loved his old friend after all.
He decided to himself that this was all to honor the memory of his dear old friend.
His dead friend.

I thank you for your patience and apologize for the long wait, but I’m back now.

– Steiner

1. Sib

Thanks for the update! I’m glad you’re still working on s;g stuff.

What happened to History’s Strongest Slight Fever?

October 13, 2012 at 11:34 pm

• Reading Steiner

I’ll still be doing it, I just don’t have a copy of Volume 2 yet.
      I promise I’ll get to it though.

October 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm

2. I recently played the 8-bit VN and thought that it would be the last I would see to s;g, so it is nice to see there is still some more stuff coming up. (I also saw the WhyNot release, but thought it might be yet another Steiner.)

On a completely unrelated note, I have started work on making an archival/distribution format for manga which stores meta-data about it in a standardized, machine-readable format. The idea is to avoid folder names like “[circle(artist)] series – title [language){translator%¤other stuff$” and to integrate well with Windows so you can search, sort, group and filter on these properties without having to change filenames.
    I would like to be able to store the credits of the translation crew, but I’m not too sure what kind of tasks a group would like to credit people of. (For example scanning, cleaning, translating, stuff like that.) While it appears that you are a one-man group, it can’t hurt to ask…
    (I’m doing it mainly for organizing my collection, designing while keeping others needs in account is just a good exercise in Systems Design. I will share the results once I’m done though, in the hope anyone else find it interesting.)

Btw, you should change the background-color to #000000 instead of #111111 so it matches the edges of the background-image (since the image is too small to fill out a decently sized monitor).

October 14, 2012 at 2:28 am

3. VB

Thanks for update! I am looking forward to Kurisu manga translation.

October 14, 2012 at 8:54 pm

4. BlackCircus

Thanks for your hard works,it is always nice to enjoy Steins Gate products.I have been patience for so long and now there are two incoming new drama CDs along with the movie that will arrived in May,i think i have the will to live again.But is it true that there will be a new character related to mayuri in the yet to come drama CDs?I am very curious about this since i have always been a fan of her.
    By the way,thanks for the anime sub.I was very disappointed when i heard that White Fox was not in charge of making Robotics;Notes this time,but it seems like Production IG is doing okay(i do not like the anime opening though,why didn’t they let Itou Kanako perform it like the visual novel?)I hope they will do justice to the visual novel(as far as i know from people’s reviews on the internet, it is great)just like White Fox did to Steins;Gate.Oh,another questions:will Robotics;Notes ever get a PC release?I would be very happy to have a copy of the game even though i have watched the anime.

October 16, 2012 at 11:30 am

• Reading Steiner

There’s a character related to Mayuri in this novel, yes.
      As for a Robotics;Notes PC release? I’m not sure, it’ll happen eventually though.

October 16, 2012 at 2:38 pm

5. jacobkenny

Hey,i am back.Guess what,i have read some of the plots of robotics;notes from wikipedia(I know it is spoiler but it is hard to restrain yourself from such a great temptation).Don’t worry,i won’t spoil the fun but there is one thing that i must tell:be careful,don’t let your guard down after just one light-hearted and radiant episode,the series gonna turn completely and face a lot of twists afterward since it will have something to do with brainwashing so…mindrape incoming,boys,be ready for it.Seriously,if the anime follows the plot of the game faithfully and performs it well in the visual form like Steins;Gate did,it will undoubtedly make great success,since the game is really,really good.
    So the game will definitely make it way to PC,right?That would be great,and when the time come,do you have any intentions to work on its translation project?(the last translation project didn’t turn out really well though)?you and your team did well with the previous one(even it is not completed).Thus,i believe we can expect another good translation patch from you guys.I hope that at that time i will be able to not just sitting there and wait for the release but to help you guys out or even become a part of your team as a translator so that i can share your work(i am going to learn Japanese from next July after my graduation from high school).It would be a great honor to work with you guys,especially you and Antheon.

October 20, 2012 at 5:59 pm

6. AX

Hey!

I really appreciate your work and I wanted to download your translations but cannot because mediafire says invalid or deleted file. Can you reupload your works please?

November 3, 2012 at 4:31 pm

7. Cheshire Breaker

Hey Steiner, do you plan to reupload the Beta Drama CD taked down on youtube somewhere else? And also, could you please reupload the Distant Valhalla novel too? It was removed on Mediafire, together with the Braunian Motion and the other stuff…

November 25, 2012 at 5:15 pm

8. Mark Steiner

http://youtu.be/KRn2gcpIgXg could you sub this one? thx

December 1, 2012 at 7:15 pm

9. Bird

Similarly, Steins;Gate Drama CD γ – Part 6 of 8 also got removed from your channel. Would it be possible to re-upload that also? β and γ are so good, but they’re unwatchable now. Thanks for all the hard work!

December 2, 2012 at 3:40 pm

10. Laruko

Something not relationed with this, but… is true that your Youtube channel is desactivated?

December 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm

11. chipp12

So it’s been, like, 2 monthes already…
    Any progress?

December 13, 2012 at 5:46 pm

12. lazerline

I’m sorry if I sound a little desperate but is it possible to upload those translated drama cd again? Or do you know where I can find the translation of those cd? I am recent new fans and sadden when i discovered youtube took down your hard work!

December 16, 2012 at 5:32 am

13. alyu314

During finals week, I had an urge to relisten/watch the drama cd’s…to my surprise, they are no longer available. if the videos are no longer allowed to be posted, would it be possible for you to release the transcript alone (and I’ll be trying to match it to the audio, lol), or do you plan on reposting/uploading the videos in the future?

thanks for all the work you’ve done on the drama cd’s! I hope they are available in some form soon! Happy holidays.

December 17, 2012 at 9:16 am

14. Bird

Thanks for the (improved!) re-uploads of the character songs.
    Can’t wait for whatever you’re going to do with the drama CDs, plus all those manga and novels.

December 17, 2012 at 11:02 am

15. BlackCircus

it is a shame that your account has been taken out,i was going to download all the drama cds…i am saving money to import hypothetical the science adventure series(still waiting for robotics;notes PC version though, planning to make a triple along with Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head)so i can’t afford to buy those cds. Will you re-upload them?
    One another thing,i incidentally found this video and it is really great.Kanako Ito is really amazing,her voice and the song touch my heart and make me curious about the lyric.I know you have done so much for us and we all appreciate you for that,but… if it is able,will you consider subbing it?Thanks you no matter what.

December 25, 2012 at 6:21 pm

16. raggin

I love you. In the most gay way imaginable. Thank you for releasing everything.

December 27, 2012 at 3:37 am

17. soullesswatcher

You are a Saint! I just got into Steins;Gate (my first true anime) this winter break from college and was heavily dissapointed on the lack of English translated media surrounding the show/visual novel.

January 11, 2013 at 5:13 am

18. Gostaria da RAW do projeto Braunian Motion of Love and Hate Volume 01, vocês poderiam postar para mim aqui pois quero transcrever o projeto para pt-br…

Would the RAW project Braunian Motion of Love and Hate Volume 01, you could post for me here because I want to transcribe the project to pt-br…

January 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm

19. Hey… are you still active man?

January 25, 2013 at 3:29 am

20. peachtree

It’s been a while now.. How is the Rebellion of the Missing Ring coming along?

February 25, 2013 at 1:48 am